While meeting with my co-conspirators over the last few weeks (Drew, Alex, Colin, Mo….more on that later), we made some revisions to the Big Picture graphic. (Note: updated again Nov 4, 2011).
The new version is below (“V23”). (It’s actually about 100, but who’s counting; well, I am now).
1) the Agile Release Train was always assumed at the Program level, but never specifically highlighted; it is now!
2) we’ve added a new Icon to stand for “Inspect and Adapt”, which is the program level demo, review, and problem solving workshop we recommend to be conducted at PSI borders. We’ll be adding content guidance for that level of demo/retro at some point.
3) we’ve tightened the “story to task breakout callout” by eliminating the old “1 to many” arrows, as they just took some visual attention, but didn’t provide sufficient value for their space allocation.
4) we’ve provided more specific callouts for iteration level Plan, Demo and Retro (was just Demo and retro)
5) an assortment of minor alignment and style issues
6) added a version number to the lower left corner (Should have done the about 100 revs ago…)